Sanitation & Transfer Station
The City of Wellington provides collection and disposal services of solid waste (garbage, refuse and other discarded materials).
Jeremy Jones – Director of Public Works email@example.com
Sanitation / Collection
Nathan Nuss - Sanitation Supervisor
Office : 620-326-5951
320 S. West Rd
The Sanitation Fund represents the operating budgets for the City's refuse collection function and the solid waste transfer station along with the construction/demolition landfill. The Sanitation Supervisor under the general management of the Director of Public Works supervises the daily operations.
- The collections department has six employees and three refuse trucks. The employees work four- 10 hour days and provide three days of residential and six days of commercial collection service.
- The Sanitation Department provides refuse collection service for approximately 3,000 residential and 300 commercial customers.
- The employees service and perform minor maintenance and repairs on their trucks and commercial dumpsters. They also assist other public works departments as needed.
- Employees respond in person or by phone to a variety of customer service related issues.
- Funds from refuse collection fees also support the compost site and the recycling center. Both of these facilities have been well received by the community
- Additionally, both programs aid the waste reduction effort to help reduce the overall cost of operations.
2014 Holiday Schedule
- New Years - January 1, 2014, Landfill closed, Wednesday route will be collected Thursday, Thursday and Friday routes collected Friday.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. - January 20, 2014, Landfill closed, Monday route will be collected Tuesday.
- Memorial Day - May 26, 2014, Compost Site and Landfill closed, Monday route will be collected Tuesday.
- Independence Day - July 4, 2014, Landfill closed, Friday and Saturday routes will be collected Saturday.
- Labor Day - September 1, 2014, Compost Site and Landfill closed, Monday route will be collected Tuesday.
- Veteran's Day - November 11, 2014, Landfill closed, Tuesday route will be collected Wednesday, Wednesday route collected Thursday, Thursday and Friday routes will be collected Friday.
- Thanksgiving - November 27 & 28, 2014, Compost Site and Landfill closed, Thursday and Friday routes will be collected Friday.
- Christmas - December 25, 2014, Landfill closed, Thursday and Friday routes will be collected Friday.
The Wellington Landfill has two employees, who are supervised by the Sanitation Supervisor under the general management of the Director of Public Works.
Nathan Nuss - Sanitation Supervisor (620) 326-5951