Wastewater Supervisor - Gilbert Berryman
Assistant City Manager for Utilities an IT -Jason Newberry
Business Hours Phone -- 620-326-7031
After Hours Phone -- 620-326-2561
The mission of the Wastewater Collection and Treatment Department is to handle and treat wastewater discharged into the various collection systems in order to maintain a healthy environment for the citizens of Wellington and Sumner County. This department is made up of four full-time employees and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following:
- 98,985 LF of sewer lines and 900 manholes used in the collection system so that wastewater is delivered to the various treatment facilities.
- 8 outlying wastewater lift stations.
- Lift stations, restrooms and lagoon treatment system at Wellington Lake.
- Holding tanks at City parks.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant, grounds,machinery and equipment
This department is also responsible for the daily and monthly testing of wastewater for treatment decisions and the required KDHE monthly report.They provide assistance to the Water Distribution Department and Street Department in the repair, maintenance and cleaning of water lines and stormwater basins.Other testing and monitoring duties include,monitoring local industries for pretreatment and discharge restrictions and preparation of the annual sludge and annual whole effluent toxicity reports and submission to KDHE.
Kansas Department of Health and Environment www.kdheks.gov